The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Nunez now at Newcastle?
Another twist in the race for Darwin Nunez appears to have taken place, with reports that Newcastle United have made a bid for Benfica worth over €60m, according to Foot Mercato.
The 22-year-old striker’s performances this season have attracted interest from a number of Premier League sides this season, with West Ham United having a potential club-record offer turned down in the January transfer window .
Arsenal and Manchester United are also eyeing the Uruguay international, with the Old Trafford side reportedly sending scouts to watch him in action in Benfica’s Champions League quarter-final with Liverpool.
Nunez has scored 30 goals in 35 games this season and looks certain to be the subject of transfer interest as soon as the season ends.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– A race for the signature of Aurelien Tchouameni is heating up as Premier League sides Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United look to challenge Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid for his signature, Mundo Deportivo report. The 22-year-old AS Monaco midfielder has been on the radar of some of Europe’s biggest clubs since the start of the season, and he has remained an important player for the Ligue 1 side this season, having made 42 appearances so far this season.
– FC Salzburg set to sign Shakhtar Donetsk star Fernandoaccording to fabrice romano. It is reported that the 23-year-old striker is considered a replacement for Karim Adeyemi who has been heavily linked with a number of clubs across Europe in recent months. The deal only requires a few details, with the Ukrainian Premier League striker due to join the Austrian Bundesliga club in July.
– Mallorca have no intention of executing the €15m option clause to make Vedat MuriqiThe loan movement of becomes permanent, written Ekrem Konour. The 27-year-old striker joined Lazio on loan during the winter transfer window but a three-goal comeback in 10 La Liga appearances failed to convince the board to extend his stay at Son Moix. The Kosovo international scored the winner in Mallorca’s 1-0 win over Atletico Madrid on Saturday.
– Juventus step up approach for Sassuolo Giacomo Raspadori, reveals Tuttosport. The 22-year-old’s performances in the league this season have reportedly caught the attention of Bianconeri stars Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci who both back the pursuit of the Serie A striker. Raspadori has contributed to 13 goals in 26 starts so far this season.
– LaLiga sides are starting to inquire with Getafe about the striker’s potential signing Hugo Douro, reports Marca. Duro is on loan at Valencia and has the option of making his move permanent for €4million, but the sides have already made contact with the 22-year-old’s parent club to see if a deal can be agreed if Los Che pass. He has scored six goals in 19 starts this season.