The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Man Utd want Torres to strengthen their backline
Manchester United are already making plans for next season and could make a move for the Villarreal centre-back Paul Torresaccording to Manchester Evening News.
The Premier League outfit were linked with the 25-year-old last summer before finally securing the signing of Raphael Varane. But with the France international having missed several games through injury this season, the club have now decided to land a centre-back when the transfer window opens.
It is understood the Red Devils will be looking to move on both Eric Bailly and Phil Jones this summer to help make room for the addition of a new defender, with Torres moving to the top of the Old Trafford hierarchy’s shortlist.
The Spain international is said to have a release clause in his contract for a fee of €60million, and although he is set to leave his boyhood club at the end of the season, his current focus is on running of his team in the Champions League. , with Villarreal set to meet Liverpool in the first leg of the semi-finals on April 27.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Rahim Sterling will make a decision on his future at Manchester City at the end of the season, writes the Mirror. AC Milan have recently been linked with the 27-year-old winger, although contract talks are set to start at the end of the season with Pep Guardiola’s side keen to keep him at the Etihad Stadium.
– Sevilla have decided not to loan Antoine Martial standing with the club’s plans to reduce the wage bill, Marca report. The 26-year-old has enjoyed a mixed spell in La Liga since joining from Manchester United, and despite belief he could potentially return to form with a second season, his £13m-per-season deal is set to be cut sharply for a deal to be possible.
– Real Madrid are looking to lock down the future of Vinicius Junior at the Santiago Bernabeu by handing him a new five-year deal, the Here We Go podcast reveals. Recent rumors suggest Carlo Ancelotti’s side are set to have a busy summer once the transfer market opens, but with the 21-year-old impressive years this season with a form that has produced 17 goals. It looks like the LaLiga side have no intention of moving him despite reports of a need for a lighter wage bill to sign Kylian Mbappe of Paris Saint-Germain.
– Lautaro Martinez wants to stay at Internazionale this summer, according to Caesar Luis Merlo. The 24-year-old striker was on target as Inter beat rivals AC Milan 3-0 at San Siro on Tuesday. And amid speculation of clubs across Europe plotting a move for the Argentina international this summer, the latest says he has no desire to leave Serie A at the end of the season.
– Benfica interested in setting up potential return for Angel Di Mariasaid Pedro Almeida. The 34-year-old PSG winger looks almost certain to leave the Parc des Princes at the end of the season, with no signs of ongoing talks over a new contract. But despite being available as a free agent, Benfica will investigate whether the Argentina international would be willing to join on a salary significantly lower than the €13.4million per season he earns in France.