The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Abraham targeted by United, Arsenal
Arsenal and Manchester United could be set to compete for the England international’s signature Tammy Abraham this summer as they continue their search for a striker, Corriere dello Sport reveal.
The 24-year-old striker reportedly caught the attention of a number of clubs last season after enjoying an impressive campaign with AS Roma, scoring 17 goals in 37 Serie A appearances; but it is the Gunners and Erik ten Hag’s United who are expected to lead the race.
As Abraham joined the Giallorossi from Chelsea last season, the Blues will have the first option to sign Abraham if they wish to bring him back to Stamford Bridge for £69million. However, a move could prove difficult, with indications that Abraham is happy in Italy and has no intention of leaving the Estadio Olimpico.
Abraham would have liked to work under Roma boss Jose Mourinho last season, and Abraham helped the club win the Europa Conference League title.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Manchester United are preparing to make a fresh offer to Barcelona next week as they seek to strike a deal for Frankie de Jongaccording fabrice romano. United boss Ten Hag has reportedly made the 25-year-old midfielder a key target this summer, and the Blaugrana could be willing to move him as they seek to raise funds to bring in reinforcements in other areas of the squad.
– Celtic and Udinese set to clash for Metz star Amadou Mbengue, writes Foot Mercato. The 20-year-old midfielder attracted a lot of interest in January from the Bundesliga but now it looks like more clubs across Europe will join the race for his signature. Mbengue is set to become a free agent on June 30, having yet to agree new terms with Garnets.
– Mario Gotze the future looks set to see him return to the Bundesliga, with reports suggesting he is closing in on a move to Eintracht Frankfurt, according to Sports1. Talks are expected to take place next week with the 30-year-old PSV Eindhoven midfielder reportedly picking the Europa League champions as his next destination. Gotze is also on Benfica’s radar.
– Liverpool are interested in signing Marco Asensio, according to Sports. Despite recent reports suggesting the Reds had concluded their transfer business in terms of incoming signings this summer, the latest says Jurgen Klopp has identified Asensio as a target. The 26-year-old attacking midfielder made 31 appearances for Real Madrid in La Liga last season, scoring 10 goals.
– River Plate will resume talks with Atletico Junior as they seek to complete a move for Michael Borjaaccording Sierra Blowjob. It is reported that the Colombian club could be persuaded to allow the 29-year-old striker to leave for the right price, with River believed to be preparing to make a bid next week. The Colombia international scored eight goals in 11 La Liga Dimayor regular season games, and he has since netted twice in six games during the playoffs.