July 26, 2022
Report: 25-year-old agrees to join La Liga club after Spurs allegedly make ‘concrete contacts’ – Spurs Web

Fabio Paratici
Filippo Alfero – Juventus FC/Juventus FC via Getty Images

Chelsea centre-back Andreas Christensen, reportedly on Tottenham’s radar, has agreed to join Barcelona this summer, according to Sport.

Christensen’s current contract, Stamford Bridge, is set to expire at the end of the season (transfer market).

cacliomercato.it claimed last week that Antonio Conte, who managed the Dane when in charge of the Blues, wanted to reunite with the defender in north London.

The report said Spurs had had ‘concrete contact’ with the defender’s agent over a move to the English capital this summer.

However, fabrice romano claimed that Christensen would not consider any offers from a Premier League club out of respect for Chelsea.

If Sport’s latest update is to be believed, Barcelona now look set to win the race for Christensen. The report says the Catalan giants have ‘virtually agreed’ a four-year contract with the Chelsea star before the summer.

It is explained that Barca have been in negotiations with the centre-back’s agent for ‘many months’ and the player has now given his ‘verbal agreement’ to the move.

Boosts web opinion

Christensen would have been a perfect choice for Conte’s back three and it was no surprise Spurs had been trying to land him, especially with his contract running out.

However, signing him was always going to be near impossible for Spurs, given his connection to Chelsea and the fact that he is wanted by Europe’s biggest clubs.

Do you have something to tell us about this article?

Source link