The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Torres on his way to the Premier League?
Manchester United and Chelsea are the last two clubs to join the race to sign Villarreal Paul Torres in summer, according to fabrice romano.
The Spanish defender has been on the radar of a number of clubs this season, with teams from leagues across Europe keen to sign him. And although they have been linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent months, it now looks like the two Premier League sides are ready to begin their pursuit.
It is reported that new United manager Erik ten Hag is eyeing the La Liga star as he looks to tackle the centre-back position as one of his first signings at Old Trafford. However, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel is also watching Torres as he is set to lose Antonio Rudiger at Real at the end of the season.
The report adds that Torres’ contract with Villarreal
Torres, who reportedly has a €55million release clause in his contract at Villarreal, was previously focused on his side’s Champions League campaign but with their semi-final exit at the hands of LIverpool, it now seems prepare for his next move.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Bayern Munich were linked with a move for Sadio Mane Monday, but Sport Bild writes that there is nothing in the rumours. It was reported that the Bundesliga club’s director met with Mane’s representatives over the weekend, but the latest now suggests no meeting has taken place between the parties. The 30-year-old is about to enter the final year of his contract with Liverpool.
– Aston Villa are close to agreeing a deal with Barcelona worth £20million for Philippe Coutinho, reports Mundo Deportivo. The 29-year-old midfielder is currently on loan at Villa Park, and having impressed for Steven Gerrard’s side, it is reported that the club are already in negotiations with the Blaugrana as they seek to make his stay in the Premier League permanent.
– Barcelona want to acquire Celta Vigo Javier Galan in the summer, according to Sport. The 27-year-old winger is seen as a potential replacement for Jordi Alba, and could be signed for his €18m release clause. The report goes on to say that Sevilla, along with a number of Premier League clubs, are also watching him.
– Arsenal remain keen on a move for Youri Tielemanswith Leicester City set to face a fight to keep him this summer, according to fabrice romano. Three big clubs are keen to secure his signature, and they could take advantage of his contract situation as he enters the final year of his contract. The Foxes are reportedly looking for a fee of around £40million to part ways with the Belgium international.
– The star of Paris Saint Germain Edouard Michut wants to leave the club this summer, writes Calciomercato. Despite four Ligue 1 appearances this season, the 19-year-old midfielder is keen to leave the club for good to avoid being loaned out. PSG would like him to stay at Parc des Princes but may need to be promised more minutes for him to be convinced of his future at the club.