The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Kounde back on Chelsea’s radar
Chelsea to restore interest in Sevilla defender Jules Kounde as their pursuit for Manchester City Nathan Ake seems to be collapsing, according to the Evening Standard.
Chelsea will close in on the LaLiga side for Kounde, with the Blues unable to match City’s £50million price tag for 27-year-old Ake.
As Thomas Tuchel sought to rebuild his team’s defense this summer transfer window following the departures of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas ChristensenKounde was a backup option for new Chelsea owner Todd Boehly as the team chased Matthijs de Ligt, Kalidou Koulibalyand Ake.
Despite Koulibaly’s imminent arrival at Stamford Bridge on a £34m move from Napoli, Chelsea are now set to battle Barcelona for Kounde, 23, who is reportedly valued at £56m.
The Catalan side led the race for the France international, who made 32 La Liga appearances for Sevilla last season, after apparently agreeing on personal terms.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Arsenal are close to agreeing personal terms with Oleksandr Zinchenkoaccording fabrice romano. The 25-year-old looks likely to become the Gunners’ fifth signing in the summer transfer window as they miss out on Manchester United. Lisandro Martinez. Mikel Arteta hopes to reach an agreement soon so that the Ukraine international can join him on their pre-season tour of the United States. Zinchenko, who was mainly used by Pep Guardiola at left-back, was allowed to leave Manchester City this summer after a six-year spell at the Etihad.
– Juventus are closing in on a transfer deal with Bayern Munich Matthijs de Ligtaccording sky sports Germany. The Italian club are still asking around €80m for the 22-year-old centre-back following the initial €60m offer from the Bundesliga, excluding potential additions. However, the Serie A outfit are determined to offload the Dutch international this summer, with further negotiations expected to take place soon.
– Guillaume Saliba will push to leave Arsenal if he cannot be guaranteed a starting place alongside Mikel Arteta, reports the Independent. The 21-year-old, who has spent the last three seasons on loan since arriving from Saint-Etienne in 2019 for £27m, could secure a place in France’s World Cup squad if he does. he is playing regularly before the tournament kicks off in November. . Marseille are looking to sign Saliba on a permanent deal after an impressive loan spell last season, with Atletico Madrid also interested in the young defender.
– PSG offered to transfer Georginio Wijnaldum at AS Roma, according to Calciomercato. The 31-year-old midfielder failed to make an impact after arriving last summer on a free transfer from Liverpool. The Dutch international is believed to be on Luis Campos’ list of players for sale this summer and has been left out of the pre-season squad for the Japan tour. PSG have reportedly approached Jose Mourinho’s side, who are looking for a midfielder, and the Giallorossi have not yet rejected the offer.