July 25, 2022
Barcelona close in on double deal to hurt Man Utd and Chelsea without spending a dime |  Soccer |  sport

Barcelona are stepping up their push to land Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen and Manchester United are targeting Franck Kessie on free transfers ahead of next season, according to reports. The Catalan giants are Slot Gacor widely expected to be busy in the upcoming summer window as Xavi looks to improve his ranks after the club’s lackluster start to the current campaign.

Barcelona have struggled financially in recent years and their off-field issues were clearly reflected in their on-field performances in the first half of the season.

They fell to a number of demoralizing La Liga defeats under former boss Ronald Koeman before failing to make the Champions League knockout stages for the first time in 21 years.

Xavi has since managed to stabilize the ship and revive Barcelona after signing no less than four new players as part of a successful recruitment drive in January.

The likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Adama Traore and Ferran Torres have settled in well and look set to play key roles in shaping Barcelona’s fortunes by the end of the campaign.

It looks like Xavi has already started preparing for another busy window ahead of next season by accelerating the club’s interest in Christensen and Kessie ahead of the summer months.

JUST IN: Solskjaer has already told Rangnick how Man Utd can beat Man City

The former wants to join Barcelona after deciding to leave Chelsea when his current contract expires this summer, according to Mundo Deportivo.

Barcelona officials are said to have traveled to London earlier this week to try to advance talks with the Dane, who has failed to reach an agreement with the Blues over an extension to his current contract.

Xavi is said to be happy that Christensen fits the profile he is looking for at Barcelona and will push to approve the transfer over the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, Barcelona have also taken a number of recent moves to speed up their pursuit of Kessie, who refused to sign a new contract with AC Milan despite being offered a significant pay rise.

DO NOT MISS

The Ivory Coast international has been heavily linked with a summer move to United in recent months but is now said to be warming up to the prospect of a move to the Nou Camp.

Xavi is believed to be a huge admirer of Kessie and plans to make him the only midfield signing for Barcelona ahead of next season.

The midfielder was recently whistled by Milan fans after turning down a new contract offer at the San Siro and it is said his plans to move to Spain could be officially announced before the summer in a bid to appease the tensions.

It remains to be seen how Chelsea and United will react if Barcelona manage to secure deals for Christensen and Kessie in the coming days.

FOLLOW OUR NEWS INSTAGRAM DAILY EXPRESS SPORT PAGE

The Blues could also end up losing Antonio Rudiger on a free transfer this summer, meaning a new centre-back will likely be high on their wishlist come the summer transfer window.

Meanwhile, United have been in the hunt for a central midfielder for some time and could be forced back to the drawing board if Kessie joins Barcelona.

A number of other high-profile targets have also been mentioned in connection with the Red Devils recently, including West Ham playmaker Declan Rice and Monaco anchor Aurelien Tchouameni.

Want the latest Premier League news as we publish it on Express Sport? Join our brand new Facebook group by clicking here

Source link