The January 2022 transfer window has closed, but there are still plenty of rumors floating around about who is going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Rashford sparking interest from Gunners
Arsenal are close to making a move for the Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford in the summer, reports The Mirror.
It comes after a difficult period for the 24-year-old, who has struggled to break into the Red Devils squad this season, making just 19 Premier League appearances. During this period, he scored four goals and provided two assists.
Rashford has just 15 months left on his contract at Old Trafford and the uncertainty around playing time may create reason enough to push for a move away. Such is his struggle for form, the striker has been left out of the recent England squad, where he was a regular for the past few years.
For Arsenal, the Man United striker offers a solution to a potential problem this summer. Mikel Arteta is set to be without a recognized first-team centre-forward, with Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah soon to be free agents. Rashford could play both forward and on the left, adding further versatility to their current options.
It could work for both parties, but it remains to be seen whether United would be willing to let the academy graduate leave the club or whether whoever the next manager has plans for him in the future.
– Insider’s notebook: Pochettino, United in limbo
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Everton are ready to move to England international Dominic Calvert-Lewin at the end of the season, says The Sun.
The striker has struggled with injuries this season, making just 10 appearances and scoring just three goals. This has led to transfer interest from Arsenal and West Ham United, who are both eyeing the 25-year-old.
– Leeds United winger Raphinha has been the subject of intense speculation over his future, with a number of clubs reportedly considering a move.
Now Paris Saint-Germain have joined the race to sign the 25-year-old, who has scored nine league goals this season. Barcelona are also said to be in contact with the Brazil international’s agent.
– Aston Villa are monitoring a potential move for the Internazionale centre-back Stefan de VrijFootball Insider reports.
They claim Steven Gerrard is after another top signing this summer, having completed a loan spell for Philippe Coutinho in January. De Vrij, 30, is set to be a free agent in 2023 and his future at Milan is currently uncertain.
– David Beckham and Inter Miami are considering up to four Barcelona legends to bring with him to MLS, according to Marca.
Among the names mentioned are Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets, all of whom have played key roles for the Catalan club in the past. Suarez is set to be a free agent this summer, opening up a potential move amid his interest in playing in the United States
Messi has recently addressed his future, saying he will reassess things after the World Cup in Qatar later this year. As for Busquets, he is a free agent in 2023, while Alba’s contract expires in 2024.
– Real Madrid consider move for Borussia Dortmund youngster Jude Bellinghamreports Ekrem Konour.
The 18-year-old impressed with his meteoric rise, becoming a regular in the Bundesliga first team. For Real, he could offer a potential refresher to a midfield consisting of Casemiro, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos.