July 27, 2022
Antonio Conte says Tottenham’s £28m player is now injured

Tottenham Hotspur head coach Antonio Conte has told Football.London that Sergio Reguilon is currently injured.

Conte made the comments after Tottenham’s win over Newcastle United at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the Premier League on Sunday.

The former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss says the 25-year-old Spain international left-back suffered a knee injury on Friday.

We’ve covered Football.London’s report on the £28million (talkSPORT) player who suffered a knee injury in training last week here on HITC Sport on Sunday.

A player your club MUST sell this summer (2022)

Brid TV

9301

A player your club MUST sell this summer (2022)

984332

984332

center

13872

Antonio Conte on Tottenham’s Sergio Reguilon

Conte said: “The players who came today, for example, we lost Reguilon on Friday to a knee injury and we found the solution to play with Matthew. [Doherty] on the left and Emerson on the right. Great performances for both.

“It means there is a great job behind the tactical aspect and the physical aspect, because you can see this team has great intensity from start to finish.”

Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images

Solution

Reguilon played as a left-back for Tottenham under Conte, and his injury is a blow to the north London club.

However, Conte found a solution against Newcastle.

Matt Doherty is a right-back by trade and has played as a right-back.

On Sunday against Newcastle, Doherty was deployed at left-back.

And he did well, scoring for Tottenham in the opening minutes of the second half.

It will be interesting to see if Conte keeps Doherty at left-back.

Tottenham are doing well at the moment and will now be imagining their chances of beating bitter north London rivals Arsenal for the fourth and final Champions League spot in the Premier League table this season.

In other news, Report shares bad news for Barcelona and Real Madrid, but Arsenal will be pleased

Source link