The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Gnabry in the eyes of Man United, Man City
With the successful development that Cristiano Ronaldo could leave Manchester United, the Red Devils are looking at the Bayern Munich winger Serge Gnabry to strengthen their ranks.
Sources confirmed to ESPN on Saturday that Ronaldo could leave Old Trafford in search of Champions League opportunities, with The Sun reporting that the club are potentially looking at Gnabry.
However, Manchester City are also said to be interested in the Germany international. With Rahim Sterling Linked with a move to Chelsea, Gnabry could likely rise to the top of Pep Guardiola’s priority list.
Former Arsenal winger Gnabry has already turned down a new contract with the Bundesliga champions which would have been worth more than £200,000 a week. Bayern are keen to keep Gnabry but will accept 35 million euros if they fail to reach an agreement with the winger and his representatives, due to the end of his contract in a year.
Man United are monitoring the situation closely, with Erik ten Hag still awaiting his rebuilding assignment at Old Trafford to get the boost he needs.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Arsenal are due to meet Ajax Amsterdam next week to discuss Lisandro Martinez as the battle to sign the defender intensifies amid interest from Manchester United, report The Athletic. Both Premier League sides believe the Argentine wants to join them and personal terms shouldn’t be an issue, while Ajax would like to guarantee €50m. If they get that, it will be up to Martinez to decide who he joins.
– There is a revival in sight for Barcelona and Ousmane Dembele, Diario Sport report, although the Frenchman is now technically a free agent after his contract expired. Small differences of opinion over the financial details of a potential deal remain between the two sides but they could be ironed out and the winger will sign a two-year deal if a deal is agreed.
– Paulo Dybala is a wanted man after leaving Juventus when his contract expired, with Serie A newcomers Monza making a shock bid to sign him. While insisting that Internazionale remain the favourites, AS have hinted that Napoli are also hoping to land the Argentine star and have made contact with their representatives.
– Andrea Belotti wants a move to AS Monaco to be his next step, according to Calciomercato, with the striker now a free agent following the completion of his contract in Turin. There were options to stay in Italy as AC Milan, Atalanta, AS Roma and Fiorentina all showed interest in the 28-year-old, but he decided to move on instead. foreign.
– Lazio are asking for at least 25 million euros for Luis Alberto amid interest from Sevilla, as Sky Sports Italia report. The LaLiga side have already offered just over €15m but that was rejected as Lazio will have to pay 30% of any transfer fee to Liverpool.
– According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Atletico Madrid are looking to bring in a free agent Federico Bernardeschi after the end of his contract with Juventus. Napoli have also expressed their interest in the attacking midfielder but negotiations have not been completed, allowing Diego Simeone and his team to make their choice.